RE: XSL and entities

Subject: RE: XSL and entities
From: Ed Nixon <ed.nixon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 19 Sep 1998 20:58:27 -0400

Because this is the XSL list are we ignoring DSSSL for doing 'fairly arbitrary
conversions'? Perhaps this option fails on the 'something easier than writing a
java program on to of SAX' requirement, but I thought that conversions were one
of the major reasons for being of DSSSL.

And: maybe I'm mis-understanding, missing a point or merely showing my
ignorance, but it seems that one arbitrary conversion that would be (more than)
useful, particularly in these early and potentially very rambunctious stages of
change, would be XML to HTML. If XSL is not at least relatively pliable in this
regard maybe it's going to have some major problems on the adoption front.
Practicality vs. conceptual purity, the old same song.

	...edN