question from a newbie...please help

Subject: question from a newbie...please help
From: Davide Bedin <davide@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 17 Sep 1998 15:25:58 +0200

I have an XML file (really it's an ASP page but it's the same) with this
hierarchy:

<categories>
    <department>
        <code>fdfd</code>
        <description>product</description>
        <subdepartment>
            ....the same two fields above......
            <type>
                    ....the same here...
                    <subtype>
                        ....even here....
                    </subtype>
            </type>
    </department>
</categories>

By the way, there can be more children under a parent element. And in a
XML file there can be the <subdepartment> element or not, it depends on
the output of the ASP. The same is for the <subtype> element.

I want to show this hierarchy with UL, each level more indented than the
parent one, and show the code and description fields of each level as a
LI
before the children UL (if children exists). Like this way

Department description & code
	subdepartment description & code
	subdepartment description & code
		type description & code...

There's anyone that can give me any advice on how to do it?

By now I haven't found any hierarchical XSL example.

Thanks in advance.
Davide Bedin