[2.7.6] : processing non-descendent elements

Subject: [2.7.6] : processing non-descendent elements
From: "G. Ken Holman" <gkholman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 09 Sep 1998 20:26:35 -0400

I am pleased to see in 2.7.6 I can use an AncestorAnchor in the pattern to
process elements that are not descendants of the current node, but this
contradicts the statement in 2.1 2nd paragraph "Instructions can select and
process descendant elements" which, while not incorrect, I mistakenly
interpreted as being exclusively descendent elements.  This statement is
essentially repeated in the 2nd paragraph of 2.7.1 which helped to support
my mistaken impression.

I'd suggest altering the wording in 2.1 and 2.7.1 slightly to read along
the lines of "Instructions can select and process elements from anywhere in
the document".

--
G. Ken Holman               mailto:gkholman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Crane Softwrights Ltd.  http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/s/