RE: XSL Working draft question

Subject: RE: XSL Working draft question
From: "Gavin Thomas Nicol" <gtn@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 21 Aug 1998 08:33:17 -0400

> A query is an expression that takes an input set of nodes and returns
> another set of nodes.

In the case of XSL, I think this is reasonable, but for a *general*
query system, this is insufficient because it doesn't handle substring
selection (i.e. you can't do fulltext searching very well).

The only case where this might impact XSL is where you might want to
apply special formatting to *words* within a document (perhaps for
hit highlighting for example), but I don't see this being really
needed at this point in time.