Re: `High-level' format specifications with XSL?

Subject: Re: `High-level' format specifications with XSL?
From: Kai Grossjohann <grossjohann@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 08 Jul 1998 11:33:46 +0200

  > I think you may be able to do what you want with MSXSL as long as
  > you know your input.  However, I think it is impossible to do some
  > things you may think as easy, such as a "null" stylesheet that
  > reads arbitrary input XML and echos it unchanged because there is
  > no way to enumerate attributes of an element (that I know of, but
  > I am happy to be proven wrong).

Does MSXSL work under SPARC Solaris 2.5?  I vaguely remember it being
a Java program, but I'm not sure.

What would an XSL stylesheet look like that does this transformation?

Assume a simple DTD:

,-----
| <!element project - - (projecttitle)>
| <!element projecttitle - - (#PCDATA)> <!-- not sure about the parens -->
`-----

And assume I want to transform

,-----
| <project><projecttitle>Project Foo</projecttitle></project>
`-----

into

,-----
`-----

I think I should be able to work from there.

kai
--
You ate somebody? -- Just a leg. -- That's terrible! -- Not with mustard.
(Terry Pratchett: Interesting Times)