RE: More XSL Discussion

Subject: RE: More XSL Discussion
From: Rob McDougall <RMcDouga@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 2 Mar 1998 16:30:21 -0500

I've considered that this would be useful from the start.  Doesn't it
seem reasonable that the transformation step would be required in many
many different XML utilities?  Doesn't a general XML->XML translation
system seem like the right thing to do?

I think breaking it up into two steps is the right thing to do.  IMO,
the only thing that these two steps really have in common is that they
both require some sort of "pattern" mechanism to locate their targets.
I think it's reasonable to therefore break them up into to separate
steps that share a common syntax for specifying a target element.

Of course, once one has separated them out, one has to ask oneself if
the second step is really needed?  Couldn't the transformation be used
to insert "Inline Styles"? :)

Rob